Monday, November 24, 2008

Wal-Mart

Every so often, I'll take a good look at my DVD collection, and several titles will always stick out like the proverbial sore thumb, since they're not really my taste or whatnot.

Well, if it weren't for Wal-Mart and their $5.00 discount DVD displays, I'd probably have 40 less titles in my collection. I still make it a point to check things out whenever I go in, although nothing has really screamed "buy me!" in the past few months aside from the complete series of the old HBO football sitcom 1st and Ten (again, for five bucks).

I always look forward to seasonal and holiday sales of movies, since Wal-Mart will usually start selling titles they wouldn't normally carry at any other point during the year. It's great.

For the most part, though, I usually buy my DVDs from Borders or Barnes & Noble, with the occasional order placed to Columbia House when they're having a sale.

No comments: